Lullabies to myself

Oh, oh, when can i get some rest?
oh, oh, when can i get some sleep?

Chorus:
Cover me with blankets of music,
this world’s so hard and cold.
Wrap me tight, the world is about to lose 
its collective mind, heart and soul.
Tuck me in and rest me in your soft acoustics.
Rock me and tell me it’s possible
to find out what the truth is,
I got so many questions I would like to know.

Who’s gonna stop the war?
When the same ones who start the war
are the ones who profiteer.
When they shoot a rocket there,
it fills up their pockets here.
Who’s gonna try and stop the diseases?
When the stockmarket value increases
on their patented medication,
the vatican’s miseducation 
turn this planet into patients.
Who is gonna lead us the right way,
when all our leaders gone a stray?
How long we’re gonna wait for our bright day,
When it already feels too late?
Who’s gonna put me to sleep at night, 
when all these thoughts force me to write?
In a world where we don’t have no one else
I’m singing lullabies to myself


(Chorus)

What kind of evil possesses some kind of people, 
to kill off all kind of people like we’re not created equal?
With so many classes and divisions 
but, can you tell me what’s the difference?
Cause I think it’s strictly business,
behind the statistics, the illogic and the logistics, 
hiding sadistic and demonic sons of bitches called politicians.
Pardon my language,
but behind the numbers and the percentage 
and all the excuses that they invented,
who are all these nameless people dying 
and all these faceless children starving
with nowhere to rest their heads?
If you listen close you can hear them calling
"who’s gonna put us to sleep at night" .
All these wrongs force me to write.
In a world where we don’t have no one else,
I’m singing lullabies to myself.


(Chorus)


[Adonai Music Presents Everyday Riddim]
Promoe

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Especulando

Feelings

Nightlite